A 3D model can be a great multifunctional tool to help manufacturers and designers first design, then create, and finally sell their products.
Demonstration of a product in 3D is the best way to present a concept of the future or form of an existing one to other team members or potential clients. The 3D model of the product allows you to quickly make any changes and assess their relevance even before the product is put into production.
Also 3D product modeling is a great way to improve marketing and advertising campaigns to promote a product. The 3D model is more representative and flexible, it can be animated and used in commercials.
There are 5 key advantages of using 3D modeling in product development:
- Prototyping. A 3D model is the best way to create a prototype of a product and evaluate its design, details and exact size.
- All round view. The 3D model makes it possible to view the product from all sides, zoom in as close as possible and consider all the details for the best visual perception.
- Advanced marketing. Photorealistic product models look much more attractive and juicier than ordinary photographs and can be used in various types of advertising materials.
- Repurposing. The finished model that was used for prototyping can be modified and redesigned for commercial or advertising purposes: it is very easy to change and supplement.
- Production. A 3D model is the most complete visual presentation of a product, which in the best way will convey to the production department all the details for its creation.